Wednesday 20 August 2014

Prepping for Bestival

Okay if you hadn't guessed from the title I am going Bestival this year wooooo! I am going on the 4th of September with some of my home girls. So I felt it would be appropriate to dress up and show you guys what I am planning on wearing to Bestival this year. Keep in mind when I actually go I highly doubt my hair will stay curly or I will have this much make-up on but who cares. I have 3 looks so enjoy!
Look 1


These are actually shorts! It looks like a skirt but gives you the capability of moving around. Also I am not a massive fan of the cut off shorts look. You need to have stick thin legs to pull it off. I think floaty shorts are much more flattering.



These boots literally just arrived on time for this shoot. I purchased them off Ebay! I love the fact they are black so they are wearable but then they still have cute little dogs on them. My wellingtons from Reading two years ago got destroyed at Reading so I was in need of a new pair.




Flower Head Band - (old) 





Wellington socks - Primark


Look 2

I really went for the hippy look here. I fell in love with these glasses. They were in the sale so I grabbed them and I have noticed a lot of other fashion bloggers starting to wear round circle glasses. The jacket is great for layering and chucking over the top of playsuits in the cold mornings. The playsuit just has the embroidery on the bottom part. I decided to pair it with a red belt so it would pick up on the red flowers.







Glasses - Oasis (sale)





Look 3

Now for the final look I have chosen a co-ord. The great thing about co-ordinates is you can easily pop to the toilet at a festival. I strongly advise to stay away from playsuits on the first night out because if you need the toilet after having a bit to drink it can be a struggle... Co-ords are the way forward! 

I have to admit these top and bottoms were a struggle to get hold of because they had sold out in the regular sizing online. I ended up getting the top in a size 12 petite and the bottoms in a size 12 tall. Crazy I know! Although it worked out. I read some of the reviews online and a couple people complained about the sizing. They all advised to go a size up. I'm quite short anyways so the petite top was a perfect fit. Fortunately the shorts have belt loops so I used one of my belts to cinch it in. Please excuse the belt in the first picture. It had a mind of its own.





 I went for glittery eyeshadow too. Festivals are meant to be fun and a chance to experiment with colours and patterns. To be honest I could have gone much crazier with the make-up but felt it was 
better to keep it simple. When I go I may end up doing a bit of face paint.





I purchased this necklace a little while ago from Primark. I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear it. Due to the shape, it can be a bit difficult to match with tops. However I felt these colours went together really well. I recommend looking at Primark's necklaces and boots. They have recently been coming out with some great accessories.


Necklace - Primark





Hope you guys enjoyed my festival looks and please let me know what you think! Look forward to seeing anyone else who is going to Bestival :D


Follow on Bloglovin






SHARE:

6 comments

  1. These outfits are so cool, I'm getting a soft spot for that jacket and round sunglasses. Cute as always!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra :) I've never noticed round glasses before but after trying them on I fell in love with them. Give them a go!

      X

      Delete
  2. definitely like the 3rd outfit most, when else do you get to wear print like that!! xx
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) Yeah I do love the print. I'm planning on wearing the top with jeans when it gets a bit colder.

      X

      Delete
  3. Loving all three looks so much. There's nothing better than a pair of flowey short and your rainboots are the most adorable things ever.

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :P I wanted some wellingtons which were a bit of fun. I saw some wellingtons with sweets on them. Although I felt the little dogs were a bit more wearable.

      X

      Delete

© As Seen On Sophie. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig